A serious episode on a weighty issue: Are authors paid enough? Should royalty rates be changed? Also: a discussion on the usefulness of social media, even if/though it doesn’t lead to (meaningful) book sales. And last but not least, we talk about Morgan’s query letter.)
- Publishers Weekly: "New Guild Survey Reveals Majority of Authors Earn Below Poverty Line"
- Authors Guild: Legal Services
- barrylyga.com: Writing Advice #29: Money
- Ani DiFranco self-produces her albums
- Chuck Wendig's blog: "Social Media for Writers is a Misunderstood Opportunity"
- Morgan’s Recommended Reading: A Window Opens by Elisabeth Egan | Amazon | BN.com | iBooks | Indiebound
- Pocket app
- Barry’s Recommended Reading: “The Case for Reparations” by Ta-Nehisi Coates in The Atlantic
- Rate us on iTunes